Monday, August 19, 2013

So this week has definitely been a rough and exciting week all at once. Tomorrow morning I will be heading off to New York for my Gateway Orientation with the other 7 amazing girls who will be traveling to Indonesia with me. The past few months have completely flown by and all of my work with YES Abroad is finally coming together. I am so excited to get to be a part of this experience and though its always hard to say goodbye I know that my family and friends are supporting me and will be here when I return. I have gone over my packing a good 5 times today and I'm still hoping that I won't be over the weight limit of only 44lbs!!! Packing lightly for 10 MONTHS is not exactly the easiest thing in the world…Especially for a girl :) I think I've got enough things to keep me entertained for the next few days Im hoping that I can get myself to sleep for a good while on the plane but all of the nerves and excitement might just keep me away from that, so, I have been working on the most uplifting fun songs that will keep me happy on my long flights to Indonesia. This is truly going to be the journey of a lifetime and I hope everyone has a great year. I will keep everyone posted!

Goodnight!
-Em

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 44 lbs!!! Hahaha I packed 4 suitcases and a garment bag for 7 months in Colombia last year, lol! Safe flight, have the best time making new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to hear about your many adventures & I can't wait to get my gift when you get home! : )

    ReplyDelete